Monday, March 21, 2016

Olivia WIlde stars in PSA for World Down Syndrome Day

Today, March 21st, is World Down Syndrome Day. Today is a day the whole world should be recognizing and celebrating people with Down Syndrome. A PSA staring actress Olivia Wilde released from CoorDown, an Italy's organization for people with Down syndrome, aims to change the way we look at people with Down syndrome.

The short video shows us how we should be seeing people for who they are, not for their disabilities.

“How Do You See Me,” features Olivia Wilde living her life, with narration by 19-year-old AnnaRose Rubright, a college student who has Down syndrome.

“This is how I see myself. I see myself as a daughter, a sister, and a best friend,” AnnaRose says. “As a person you can rely on. I see myself singing, dancing, and laughing until I cannot breathe. And also crying, sometimes. I see myself following my dreams, even if they are impossible. Especially because they’re impossible. I see myself as an ordinary person, with an important, meaningful, beautiful life.”

The last shot moves from a reflection of Olivia Wilde  to AnnaRose, who says, “This is how I see myself. How do you see me?”

According to CoorDown, AnnaRose is a nineteen year old from NJ. She's a full time college student who works part-time at a physical therapy center and enjoys basketball and swimming through the Special Olympics NJ. AnnaRose, as many people with Down syndrome, only wants to realize her potential and live a meaningful, beautiful life.

Watch the video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment